Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Credit/debit card information provided to us other than online
What we do with the information that we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- With your consent, we may periodically send emails which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- With your consent, you receive each month a notification from Springer about the latest issue of the Pediatric Nephrology Journal
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- If you sign up to a network, your contact details (among other information) can be seen by other members of the same network
How long we keep the information
We retain the personal data processed by us in a live environment for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected (including as required by applicable law or regulation, typically 6 years).
In addition, personal data may be securely archived with restricted access and other appropriate safeguards where there is a need to continue to retain it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Staff are trained on data protection, confidentiality and security.
We have a framework of policies and procedures which ensure we regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
If you pay your fees by credit or debit card, we will not retain your card details after processing your payment. You will need to resubmit this information for future transactions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use the website. This measurement service enables us to monitor and improve how the International Pediatric Nephrology Association website is used. These cookies collect your data anonymously.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Locations of Processing
Where possible, personal data resides within the Czech Republic territory but may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers (such as, but not limited to Springer and IPNA Congress PCOs). We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, in accordance with this privacy statement.
We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EU are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU to a country not under the jurisdiction of the European Commission data protection regulations, the data is still transferred following the requirements of the European Commission because of reciprocal agreements with other countries.
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and we are responsible for fulfilling these rights as follows:
- Individuals may request access to their personal data held by C-IN
- Individuals may request us to rectify personal data submitted to us or, where appropriate, contact us via the relevant website registration page or by amending the personal details held on relevant applications with which they registered
- Individuals may request that we erase their personal data
- Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email received from us
- Individuals may have other rights to restrict or object to our processing of personal data and the right to data portability
- Individuals may request information about, or human intervention into, any automated data processing that we may undertake
Controlling your personal information
C-IN, 5. Května 65, Prague, Czech Republic
IPNA, C/ O Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Children’s Mercy Kansas City
2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Find out more
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless it is necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you, we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.